October 26, 2012

Imaginary Animals

Here are some critters I created from Carla Sonheim's latest book, Drawing and Painting Imaginary Animals. I've experimented with pastels before and not liked them (messy) but last week at my art classes I gave them another bash and was really impressed with the effect they give when blended, plus suited my short attention span perfectly because they made it really easy to complete a project quickly. I whipped these four critters up this afternoon using either the sidewalk crack method or start with an eye trick! In about 45 minutes I completed all four. I picked up the Pastels from TYPO.

Party Boy

Woof!

 
Me-owl


3 comments:

Ann Bright said...

I really liked your imaginary animal sketches especially the Woof and Party Boy. I wonder how you all could end up making such gorgeous piece of art, thought of trying so many times, but was not able to do so. I really envy people like you who embark with so many creative stuffs. Great!
broderie anglaise fabric

Arina George said...

Thanks for letting us know about your product.Would like to share the blog with my friends..:)

Arina George said...

Quite a cool blog.Would like to share the blog with my friends..:)