January 26, 2012

Paper2 @ the Beach

I took the kids to the beach this week and coincidently (or not) we were very close to Paper2 in Mornington. I didn't plan on going there, especially with kids in tow but I thought if I had time and model children I'd try my luck. After meeting up with a lovely friend for a chat and a delicious lunch (right after we saved a very injured bird from an indefinite slow and painful death), I took a quick detour.


Paper2 is a paper crafter paradise claiming to be the largest of it's kind in Australia. They stock a LOT of stuff and although they have a great lounge area with television and coffee machine for the adult kids, the play area was needing some love and only kept the kids entertained for a short time.

The products in the store are categorized mostly by manufacturer which for me is a great way to shop. My purchases for the day weren't really that thrilling, a grand total of $19.50 but I really needed more paper like a hole in the head. Actually the great thing about being a former scrap-booker turned paper-crafter is the cost savings. It really is a more budget friendly hobby for me.

My Minds Eye Kraft Funday Everyday Fun 6x6 Pad
Mini Paper Blooms by Kaiser (Honey)

Obviously I was in a Kraft mood looking at the colour scheme I chose. 
My Minds Eye Kraft Funday Everyday Fun is a yummy paper range, perfect for the stamper with patterns that aren't too heavy so I purchased a 6x6 paper pad featuring 24 double-sided kraft cardstock designs.

Graphic 45 Communique

Sassafras Remember Me

Graphic 45 Sweetheart of Mine

These 3 sheets of paper will make great embellishments. Rather than buy expensive pre-packaged items or die-cuts I am always on the look out for 12x12 paper that has lots of elements that can be cut out and used on trading cards, mini books, greeting cards and the like. 


Who doesn't love a 2 for 1 deal with extra patterns printed on the reverse? Making such tiny projects, paper lasts me a long time so it's great to be able to co-ordinate and reuse.

1 comment:

shirley said...

Funny how you just happen to be near the Paper2 store! ;)
Great choice of papers.
Love the look of the 6x6 My Minds Eye Kraft. I too, need more paper like a hole in the head!
I also love to choose paper that has lots of elements to cut out
Great minds think alike!