January 7, 2012

Hotel Keycard Booklet

As promised .... my junk collection is turning beautiful. This is using the Hotel Keycard which was pictured in the top left of my previous post and was quickly given a new lease of life by using the gorgeous Kaiser Sweet Nothings 6x6 pad and the Darkroom Door Love Birds and Tick Tock rubber stamps.


It might look time consuming but it was transformed very quickly.






Darkroom Door (Tick Tock)
Darkroom Door (Love Birds)
Darkroom Door Background Stamp (Scratches)
Darkroom Door Montage (London & Prague)
Darkroom Door Wordstrips (Prague Vol2)
Distress Inks for distressing edges
Distress Glossy Accents
Distress Rock Candy Crackle
Kindy Glitz
Versafine (Onyx)
Archival Ink (Coffee)
Tags (Size 4+8 Buff)
Pattern Paper (Kaiser Sweet Nothings 6x6 pad)
Various ribbons and flowers
Heart chipboard

I simply cut out patterned paper to cover the panels and collage stamped the pieces using Love Birds and Tick Tock with the Onyx and Coffee inkpads. Then I distressed them before sticking them to the Keycard.
I used Rock Candy crackle and Kindy Glitz on the flowers, Montage images and Wordstrips.
I stamped the Love Birds onto a loveheart shaped chipboard piece and distressed the edges. I covered it with Distress Glossy Accents and left it to dry overnight.
To make the tags, I covered each one with patterned paper and collage stamped them with the Tick Tock and Love Birds rubber stamp sets again. I heat embossed the smaller tags using clear sparkle embossing powder then finished them off by decorating them with ribbon offcuts.

5 comments:

shirley said...

Stunning! Love it Michelle :)

Godelieve said...

Wow Michelle, such a gorgeous piece!
Beautiful cover, and great tags inside.
Love the mix of stamps and patterned paper.

emilia said...

I enjoy your blog and works a lot! They are so beautiful and inspired! Thank you for all the wonderful creation!

emilia

plastic card said...

this called creativity....stunning.....

Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Card holders
Scratch Cards

LaWendula said...

This is very nice, dear!
I love birds in art!