October 29, 2011

Magazine Recycling

I love to use magazines for collaging. My favourite magazines to use are Shop Til You Drop and Real Living, mainly because they have lots of smaller, individual images of products, accessories, decorator items, people, household items and the like which make for ideal cutting and pasting, plus they are also printed on quality paper. I spend more time imagining the use of the magazine images in craft than I do actually reading.!

My first post Magazine ATCs is an example of how I like to use magazines but I often fall into the trap of trying to make my collage neat and tidy and it kinda defeats the purpose! I need to learn how to drop the neat freak side of me.

I stumbled on an Artist who makes the most amazing collage canvas work using magazines. Derek Gores. Where would you begin making something like this? Love it. His work is stunning, he has even done a collage for his own BIO. What talent! I wonder where you'd begin to create something like this? Perhaps if you started with a photo you took, drew a sketch and then filled in the image to form the collage. Might try my hand at one when I have some spare time.!



No comments: