December 5, 2010

New Blog

Finally ... I've decided to take the plunge and create my own blog about my passion for stamping and papercraft. I love to create Artist Trading Cards, Inchies, Mini Books, Greeting Cards and other odds and ends! The styles I mostly stick to are Vintage, Arty and Collage but I often step outside my comfort zone! I'll be sharing bits and pieces of what I create as a Creative Team Member for Darkroom Door aswell as other products I use, resources and techniques I find, favourite links and more! Anything really that relates to papercraft!

I'll start with an oldie but one of my favourites. I love to recycle things for craft and so for this set of 9 ATC's I used only a magazine (Aussie Shop til you Drop is great for ATCs), white card, scissors, paper trimmer and glue.

Advertisements are full of colour which make great backgrounds for the ATCs as do wads of text. Here I positioned backgrounds sideways or upside down to creative visual interest and created layers by using multiple feature images. I love making Magazine ATCs because you can create while watching TV, need minimal supplies or brain power! It's also great if you've lost your mojo or just want to dabble in collage without getting bogged down with techniques and supplies!

7 comments:

Godelieve said...

Congratulations Michelle!!!!
I love your art.
Hope you will enjoy blogging.

Jilly Geraghty-Groves said...

**squeal** OMG Welcome to the 21st Century Michelle LOLOL!!!! Soooooooo thrilled that you've FINALLY started to blog!!!!
xxxJ

Sarah Schwerin said...

Welcome to bog land Michelle! It looks great! As do these ATC's - what a cool idea to use magazine images!

shirley said...

Congrats on starting a blog Michelle!
Love your use of magazine images. Funny thing is I was just thinking about looking at mags for images!
I love looking at what you create so i will be back!

Sue Smith said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blog, Michelle! I'm sure you'll love it here - it's a very friendly and supportive place. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work soon! I'm loving the magazine ATC's idea and might try it out myself soon :)

Rachel Greig said...

Woo Hoo Michelle! Love those ATC's and love your new blog!!! :)

sue said...

Humungous congratulations Michelle. Welcome to a new addiction! Love the look and feel of it.